The three digital photos will be taken using any technique, in black and white or colour, and will relate to the same photo project.
The summary will be between 200 and 400 words long and must contain the origin of the work and the motivation behind it, as well as any other information deemed relevant.
Runner-up 1: € 500
Runner-up 2: € 500
4. The Jury
Claude Bussac, Managing Director of Art and Festivals at La Fábrica and Director of PhotoEspaña since 2006.
Ana Palacios, journalist, writer and documentary photographer, specialising in human rights. Winner of the First Edition of the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa International Photography Prize.
5. Submission of entries
The body of the email will include the following details:
- Title of the photo project
- Name and surnames of the photographer
- National Identity Card (DNI) number or equivalent
- Contact telephone number In attached documents:
- The 3 photographs, which will be submitted as individual JPEG files with a minimum resolution of 300 ppi. The photo may not be submitted in zipped format and its size must be between 3 and 8 M.
- The summary of the project, maximum length 400 words. To be submitted in PDF format.
All the components will share the same photo project title.
6. Dates of the Competition
- Admission deadline: 20 May 2023
- Decision of the Jury: 30 May 2023
- Announcement of the decision: 08-09 June 2023
- Prize-giving ceremony: to be confirmed
The organisation reserves the right to change the above dates. Any changes will be announced on the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa website.
7. Reproduction rights and obligations
7.2. By participating in the competition, the photographers agree to the photos submitted being publicly exhibited on the website of the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa, which is bound to state the name of the photographer in any event and
in any format.
7.3. The prize-winning works will become the intellectual property of the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa, which may copy them, exhibit them and use them for publicity purposes. The photographer and the year the prize was awarded will always be stated.
7.4. The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa may stage an exhibition of a selection of prize-winning and non-prize-winning works. Competition participants will be informed of the staging of that exhibition, stating the venue, the dates, the possibility that each author may sell their work and the conditions of sale.
The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa may publish a catalogue of that exhibition to be integrated into its activities report.
8. Protection of personal data
The Fundación Esperanza Pertusa will adopt the necessary technical and organisational measures to guarantee the security of the personal data and protect it from unauthorised alteration, loss, processing or access, based on the state of the technology.
The purposes of the collection and processing of the personal data are as follows:
- Management of the promotion proposed in these rules.
- Presentation of the prizes and their acceptance by the winners.
- Collection of the data of people interested in the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa so that they may be sent on a regular basis information on the foundation, including by electronic means.
Therefore, by participating in this competition, you expressly agree that your personal data may be used by the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa to communicate with you by email, SMS, post or any other electronic or computerised means.
At any time, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation of treatment, objection or data portability by sending a request to the Fundación Esperanza Pertusa using the postal address Fundación Esperanza Pertusa, Elche Parque Empresarial, C/ Marie Curie, 38, Elche (Alicante), España, or the email address email@example.com, providing a copy of your National ID Card(DNI)/Foreigner ID document(NIE)/Passport and specifying the right you wish to exercise. The data provided will be stored while the relationship with the data subject persists, while there is no request to erase it, or during the years its storage is required in order to fulfil legal obligations.